We are able to provide courses in the following areas:
- name law
- marriage and divorce law
- maintenance law
- parental responsibilities
- parentage and adoption
- matrimonial property law
- inheritance law
Private international law
- Family law
- Contract law
- Tort law
- Property law
- Company law
- Procedural law: jurisdiction
- Procedural law: recognition and enforcement
- Dutch family law
- English family law
- Introduction to English law
- Introduction to common law systems
- Introduction to Dutch law (e.g. for non-lawyers)
- Dutch law in English
- English language skills (both written and oral)
- Research skills
We have extensive experience in providing high-level courses to a variety of different groups. Our courses are always extremely well evaluated. We have experience providing courses to the following categories of professionals:
- Lawyers and trainee lawyers;
- Public notaries and trainee notaries;
- Civil registrars;
- Judges and trainee judges;
- PhD Candidates;
- University lecturers; and
- Graduate and undergraduate students
Why Voorts Legal Services?
In addition to experience (click here for an extensive list of the published works of Voorts Legal Services), we offer highly personal and direct contact with the trainer. Furthermore Voorts Legal Services is registered with the Central Register for Short-Term Professional Education (CRKBO). This means that Voorts Legal Services is able under certain circumstances to provide VAT-exempt professional education.
Where do the courses take place?
Training Institute: We are able to provide courses at professional training institutes such as Kluwer, Sdu and the SSR (Training and Study Centre for the Judiciary).
In-house: We are also able to provide in-house courses at law firms or notarial offices.
At Voorts: We have access to our own training locations in Utrecht, allowing us to organise our own training sessions for up to a maximum of 100 participants.
How does it work?
Our procedure for organizing a professional training course is as follows:
- It begins with a free, non-conditional offer. Send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email provide the details of the course you would like us to organize, indicating (a) the number of participants, (b) the area, (c) the level of prior knowledge of the participants, (d) the location of the course, (e) the preferable dates for the course, (f) whether you would like to have the course repeated at different times throughout the year or at different locations.
- We will provide you with an offer within two working days. Our offer will provide a rough indication of the cost for organising such a course. The offer will be provided on the basis of the information provided and is therefore a rough indication, open to further negotiation.
- If you wish to accept the final offer, we will start work on providing you the course you desire!